Better Alamance: Ideas Participation Guidelines
The goal of the Better Alamance: Ideas site is to help our local communities develop and share our ideas for improvement. After an idea is submitted, community members have the opportunity to support or oppose the idea, as well as to post comments indicating the "pros" and "cons" of the idea. Following these guidelines will help ensure a productive experience:
- Ideas should be actionable by the local community.
- Be positive, and write to engage your neighbors.
- Points should address the substance of ideas.
- Spam, advertising, and commercial content is not appropriate.
- Participants may choose to post ideas anonymously (by using the voicemail number) or participated using a pseudonym (username) -- use of real names is encouraged, but not required, on the Ideas site.
To ensure participation is fair and transparent, the following rules apply to general participation. Violation may result in account termination.
- Only one user account may be created and used by a participant.
- The email address associated with the account must be active.
- Malicious, misleading, or threatening content will not be tolerated.
- Personal information, such as addresses or phone numbers, may not be posted.